About Google My Business. How to improve your search visibility in Google.
1. GMB doesn’t just make it easier for customers to find you physically, but digitally too. It can vastly improve your search visibility in Google.
Not to mention, when prospective customers are looking for local businesses, they are generally ready to make a purchase (or at the very least are highly interested in making a purchase).
Google is not only taking context seriously but also giving the same opportunity to every business to make themselves more visible on Google Search and Maps.
What is Google My Business and why does your business need it?
According to Google “Google My Business is a free and easy-to-use tool for businesses and organizations to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps. By verifying(by post, phone, email) and editing your business information, you can both help customers find you and tell them the story of your business.
For us who love Google Maps and help companies use it for a living, Google My Business is a way for your store – shop, local business to be noticed across Google, especially for people looking for products, services on Google Maps. Everyone who is new in a city would look for “restaurants nearby” or “Metro Stations Nearby”.
2. Most significant feature is the reviewing service by GMB. It is recommented to encourage your customers to leave reviews, respond to them, and building that way your digital reputation and brand.
Also you can upload photos of your local business.Clean and crisp photos receive significantly more requests for driving directions.
Owners and Managers — You can set up users to be communication manager for a location so that they can respond to customer reviews. Managers can change some details like timings website etc. And the owners can add remove more locations etc
Bulk Uploads — You can access and upload these locations in bulk using GMB APIs and Bulk spreadsheets.
Insights — You can see how many users took directions to your locations, used the call feature or visited your website.
3. Schedule posts (a relatively new feature from GMB).This feature lets you display usefull information for your business like services, products, events, providing a more robust, informative and branded experience to the customer.
Furthermore — You can run ads on the location or locations you list out so that they are shown above the other results.
Companies with a huge number of locations often outsourcing their location management (think of ice cream chains/coffee shop chains e.t.c).This is for better responding in reviews, posts locally targeted e.t.c
4. For better native experience you should download the GMB App.
For IOS devices visit app store
For Android devices visit google play
5. Tip : for better ranking search results.
Companies with the most positive reviews will be pushed up in the search ranking. But, quantity solely in reviews doesn’t really make any difference.
So a local company with sometimes significantlly lesser reviews but with a better score will outcome a company with more reviews but of lower score.